The Workers’ Compensation Board has initiated a registration process to update the list of health providers who are authorized to treat injured workers.
As of December 19, 2017 over 6,000 authorized health providers have registered.
Authorized health providers are required to register by January 15, 2018. Health providers who have not registered by January 15, 2018 will:
The up-to-date list will ensure that an injured worker can easily identify Board authorized providers.
How to Register
The Board will use the existing New York State Health Commerce System (HCS) for the registration process and future updates to your registration information.
How to Access the Registration Form
1. Log in at https://commerce.health.state.ny.us
2. Select My Content > All Applications from the Main Menu.
3. Select P from Browse by list, and then add Person-based Electronic Response Data System (PERDS) to your application list by selecting + under the column add/remove.
4. On the top of the page, select Home.
5. On the home page, select Refresh My Applications List.
If PERDS does not appear in My Applications List call (800)-781-2362, option 6.
6. Select PERDS on the My Applications list to open it. DO NOT click the information icon (i).
7. Select the Data Entry tab located on the top left of page.
8. In the Activity field, select WCB Registration from the drop-down list.
9. The following default values will be shown:
Activity: WCB Registration
Form: WCB Registration for Health Care Provider
Data Entity Type: WCB Provider
Data Entity Name: Please Select Name
10. Select the Search WCB Provider button.
Search Entity (Validation of Information)
When you select the Search WCB Provider button, you are brought to the Search Entity page. On this page, please do the following: