Welcome to Monroe County Medical Society
- NYS DOH Health Advisory: All health personnel not vaccinated against influenza for the current influenza season must wear a surgical or procedure mask while in areas where patients or residents may be present.
- CDC Health Advisory regarding the Potential for Circulation of Drifted Influenza A (H3N2) Viruses
- Information from Kern Augustine re: NYS Surprise Bill (Out-of Network legislation). Emergency Services and Surprise Bills, by Donald R. Moy, includes provisions of the law that affect physicians and other health care professionals.
- FAQs for electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) from NYS DOH.
- New publications and resources on opioid and heroin abuse can be ordered free of charge for patients and parents on the NYS website.
- CDC HAN - Fatal Gastrointestinal Mucormycosis in an infant following ingestion of contaminated dietary supplement http://1.usa.gov/1z993yD
- 11/18/14 - NYS DOH has released a Health Advisory regarding use of LAIV in children.
- Congratulations to our Executive Director Nancy Adams, recipient of the AMA's Lifetime Achievement Award for her Outstanding Work on Behalf of Physicians http://bit.ly/1pIBnrV
- The CDC is investigating a cluster of nine pediatric patients hospitalized with acute neurologic illness of undetermined etiology. The illness is characterized by focal limb weakness and abnormalities of the spinal cord gray matter on MRI. Click here for CDC Health Advisory.
- CDC Health Advisory & NYS DOH Health Alert for Enterovirus D68.
- Eastern equine encephalitis virus (EEEV) is transmitted to humans by the bite of an infected mosquito. Click here for FAQs, prevention, and transmission information from the CDC.
- Q&A from MedImmune re: FluMist® Quadrivalent (Influenza Vaccine Live, Intranasal) and delayed shipping of 2014-2015 seasonal vaccine.
- Sunshine Act: Registration and data submission in process, plus new and updated resources from CMS.
- CMS eHealth University, a resource to help providers understand, implement, and successfully participate in ICD-10 and other CMS eHealth programs, features a full curriculum of materials and information, all in one location. The education modules are organized by level, from beginner to advanced, and simplify complex information in a variety of formats.
- 2014 Adult and Childhood Immunization Schedules
Monroe County Medical Society
7th District Branch of the Medical Society of the State of New York
Serving Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne & Yates Counties
The Park at Allens Creek
132 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, New York 14618
Tel: (585) 473-7573 • Fax: (585) 473-7641
© Copyright 2014 Monroe County Medical Society • Legal Disclaimer and Copyright Notice
Rochester skyline image © Sheridan Vincent