Welcome to Monroe County Medical Society
- Monroe County Department of Public Health has released important information regarding Invasive Group A Strep.
- Physicians are strongly encouraged to send a letter now to Governor Cuomo to urge that he sign into law the bill to delay implementation of the e-prescribing mandate for one year. The bill has passed the Assembly and Senate unanimously. Patients are also strongly encouraged to send a letter to Governor by going clicking here.
- MMWR: Prevention of Measles, Rubella, Congenital Rubella Syndrome, and Mumps, 2013. Summary Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
- MSSNY's Lobby Day is March 4 in Albany. Join your colleagues from across the state to lobby your elected leaders in person. MSSNY designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ To register, click here. Click here for flyer.
- NGS Medicare Revalidation
- 2/4/15 - MSSNY's Pre-Lobby Day Briefing on Legislative & Regulatory Issues
- CDC's new 2015 recommended immunization schedules for children http://1.usa.gov/1zzDanr & adolescents http://1.usa.gov/1yNGSrk
- Two Pneumococcal Vaccines: Who Gets What When? is a pneumococcal vaccine resource developed by the Ontario County Department.
- MSSNY requested a delay in the implementation of the NYS E-prescribing mandate, scheduled to go into effect on 3/27/15. See attached information. Physicians and other prescribers can send a letter to their legislators and Governor Cuomo urging a postponement of this mandate by clicking here.
- CDC Health Alert regarding use of antivirals for flu or suspected flu.
- ACIP recently updated the pneumococcal vaccination recommendations for patients age 65 years or older. This week, Medicare released associated payment polices. ACIP Recommendation for Pneumococcal Vaccines for All Adults 65 Years or Older, effective Sep 19, 2014. *NOTE: PCV13 and PPSV23 now recommended for all adults 65 years or older. If not previously vaccinated, administer PCV13 first; give PPSV23 6-12 months after. If previously received PPSV23, administer PCV13 ≥12 months after.
- Information from Kern Augustine re: NYS Surprise Bill (Out-of Network legislation). Emergency Services and Surprise Bills, by Donald R. Moy, includes provisions of the law that affect physicians and other health care professionals.
- FAQs for electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) from NYS DOH.
- New publications and resources on opioid and heroin abuse can be ordered free of charge for patients and parents on the NYS website.
Monroe County Medical Society
7th District Branch of the Medical Society of the State of New York
Serving Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne & Yates Counties
The Park at Allens Creek
132 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, New York 14618
Tel: (585) 473-7573 • Fax: (585) 473-7641
Contact Us • Driving Directions
© Copyright 2014 Monroe County Medical Society • Legal Disclaimer and Copyright Notice
Rochester skyline image © Sheridan Vincent