Welcome to Monroe County Medical Society
The Alzheimer's Association is hosting, "From The Front Lines", a conference for physicians and practitioners to learn about the latest information on Alzheimer’s disease research and clinical practice. The event will be held on May 21, 2015 from 4-8 pm at Monroe Community Hospital.
CDC announced the availability of an interim Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) for HPV Vaccine Gardasil-9. The VIS for 4-valent Gardasil should not be used for Gardasil-9; the new HPV Gardasil-9 VIS should be used instead.
FDA is alerting health care practitioners and the public that a counterfeit version of Botox was found in the US and may have been sold to doctors’ offices and medical clinics nationwide. The product was sold by an unlicensed supplier who is not authorized to ship or distribute drug products in the United States.
MCMS has released its 2015 Physician Workforce Report, undertaken to assess physician access and identify any significant change in physician availability or in the professional environment in which local physicians operate.
The 2015 Upstate NY Lead Conference, Collaboration to Overcome Lead Poisoning, will be held Friday May 15, 2015, 10 am - 3 pm, at URMC. Keynote speaker is John Paul Wright, Ph. D, University of Cincinnati, College of Education, Criminal Justice, & Human Services, who will present new information describing the connection between lead exposure and antisocial behavior, delinquency, violence, and incarceration.
Updated NYSDOH Meningococcal B, HPV9, Influenza and Yellow Fever vaccine recommendations.
- New out of network emergency / surprise bill rules go into effect March 31 - information from MSSNY
- MCMS Vaccination Statement
- NGS Medicare Revalidation
- CDC's new 2015 recommended immunization schedules for children http://1.usa.gov/1zzDanr & adolescents http://1.usa.gov/1yNGSrk
- Two Pneumococcal Vaccines: Who Gets What When? is a pneumococcal vaccine resource developed by the Ontario County Department. ACIP recently updated the pneumococcal vaccination recommendations for patients age 65 years or older. This week, Medicare released associated payment polices. ACIP Recommendation for Pneumococcal Vaccines for All Adults 65 Years or Older, effective Sep 19, 2014. *NOTE: PCV13 and PPSV23 now recommended for all adults 65 years or older. If not previously vaccinated, administer PCV13 first; give PPSV23 6-12 months after. If previously received PPSV23, administer PCV13 ≥12 months after.
- Information from Kern Augustine re: NYS Surprise Bill (Out-of Network legislation). Emergency Services and Surprise Bills, by Donald R. Moy, includes provisions of the law that affect physicians and other health care professionals.
- New publications and resources on opioid and heroin abuse can be ordered free of charge for patients and parents on the NYS website.
Monroe County Medical Society
7th District Branch of the Medical Society of the State of New York
Serving Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne & Yates Counties
The Park at Allens Creek
132 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, New York 14618
Tel: (585) 473-7573 • Fax: (585) 473-7641
Contact Us • Driving Directions
© Copyright 2014 Monroe County Medical Society • Legal Disclaimer and Copyright Notice
Rochester skyline image © Sheridan Vincent